If you’re thinking about buying granite countertops you will need granite countertop installation services during the process. Granite, among all countertops, is commonly used in most homes because of the durability it offers and it can also become a long-term investment hence it is a bit pricey compared to other countertops.
Granite countertops can be ready-made or fabricated. The process of installation is labor intensive and requires meticulous measuring and basic construction skills. If you do not have previous construction knowledge, it is advisable to hire a professional granite countertop installer in Tennessee, who can help in the installation process.
What to Do Before the Installation Begins
- First, you would have to choose your preferred type of granite slab. These slabs can be purchased from local granite fabricators or kitchen showrooms. Be sure to select a style and color that matches your home décor.
- Clear off the work surface a day before the granite countertop installer comes to commence the project. Endeavor to clear off the cabinets and remove the stove, refrigerator, and sink from the existing countertop. If the old top was screwed, empty the lower cabinet and pull out all drawers and doors.
- Make sure the space between the worksite and the nearest entrance is accessible because granite is typically heavy.
- Children should be kept far away from worksite for their safety.
- If it is a new construction that has other artisans working simultaneously, it is best they stop working until all the stone pieces are at the job site.
It is also important to note that;
- Your supervision as the homeowner is required for a perfect job delivery.
- Your ideas and questions should be clearly spelled out before the inception of the project as granite countertop installation requires concentration and precision.
- Homeowners should ensure that the cabinets are on the same level and completely secured to the wall before the granite is put in place because an uneven cabinet would make the job tedious.
- All furniture and household items around the job site should be properly covered to prevent them from dust.
Mistakes to Avoid in Granite Countertop Installation
The process of installing or replacing granite countertops, as I mentioned earlier, is labor intensive and requires a great measure of precision and some basic construction skills as such you should have a great plan or design before starting the project.
Here are five common mistakes you should avoid:
- Don’t Rush: Spend a few weeks prior to the time of the installation or remodeling doing research to know all of your options.
- Failure to Choose the Right Surface: Different countertops come with different perks. Some surfaces are more durable than others. Be sure to choose one which is perfect for the kind of kitchen you have.
- Miscalculating the Budget for the Project: Never underestimate the amount of cash you will need to get the job done. You need to be careful and thorough when it comes to budgeting.
- Outshining Other Parts of the Room: When choosing a countertop, it is best to the upgrade a bit higher so the other fittings will not look outclassed because a countertop has a defining look. If it’s way pricey than the other fittings in the room, it would make your space a bit chaotic and without a theme.
- Being too Simple: It is not wrong to go for the lowest range of countertops if you are on a budget but be sure to get your money’s worth and never compromise the quality in order to save a few bucks.